The bowl of the tea ceremony

 


"Bowl with Peonies, Pomegranates, and Bamboo" (Japan, Edo period)

I'm interested in the idea of the tea ceremony such as tranquility or quietness and so on. I study Japanese culture, especially the tea ceremony in Japan. So I chose a thing that has to do with it. This bowl reminds me of the tea ceremony which I have been learning for about 6 years. My teacher at the tea ceremony taught me that the bowl having patterns inside is really rare and expensive because writing patterns inside is difficult and needs a high painting level. So, I was surprised there was such a beautiful pattern inside the bowl. I will keep tracking the tea ceremony, both in Japan and U.S.

コメント

  1. I look forward to your sharing this with class tomorrow, so I can lean more about this fascinating aspect of your culture.

    返信削除

コメントを投稿

このブログの人気の投稿

Guess who's who

The green screen event at Yale Art's Gallary